EAP-TTLS works for MacOS supplicants but not Win10

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Wed Sep 16 02:08:04 CEST 2020

On 15/09/2020 23:49, Evan Sharp wrote:
>> The CA cert used by FreeRADIUS isn't configured on the Windows machine.
>
> Does that cert come pre-configured in MacOS and ChromeOS? These are BYOD
> computers so I haven't touched them, but all the Mac clients have been
> plug-and-play.

It depends on whatever certificate(s) you configured in
raddb/mods-enabled/eap. If it was a commercial CA cert then it's likely
Windows already has it installed. If you generated it from your own CA
yourself then you'll need to install the CA cert in Windows.

Windows is generally a lot more picky about the certificates that it
will accept, hence the difference.

--
Matthew