Client certificate authentication using Apache and mod_auth_radius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 24 12:38:01 CEST 2020

On Sep 24, 2020, at 2:28 AM, Marki <jm+freeradiususer at roth.lu> wrote:
> I've tried authenticating a client certificate using Apache and aforementioned module.
>
> All I'm getting to work is for Apache to transmit the entire DN to Radius as username, which contains whitespace and thus doesn't work.

  RADIUS doesn't care about whitespace or not.

  The issue is that the mod_auth_radius module looks for username and password from the HTTP headers.  If those don't exist, the module won't do anything.

  In the end, this is an Apache issue.  I wrote the mod_auth_radius in 1999 or so.  The Apache people refused to accept it as part of the Apache project.  So the module has sort of stalled in development.