deployingradius and send Accounting to a nother server

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 30 14:57:48 CEST 2020

> On Sep 30, 2020, at 8:31 AM, Linux Threads <linuxthreads at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> for replication: the home server, home server pool and the realm are
> configured in proxy.conf

  That's good.

> replicate should be listed in sites-enabled/"site" either under the
> below sections depending on requirements I am using accounting:

  OK.

> and control I have listed it under accounting:
>
>       update control {
>        &Replicate-to-Realm := "REALM-NAME"
>    }
>
> do I leave mods-enabled/replicate as is?

  Yes.  That's the default configuration for the module.  The documentation makes it clear what you need to do.

> if a user auths with username or nt-domain\username, it does not
> replicate,

  So.... where is the debug output?

> the only time it send packets to home server is when I use:
>
> echo Message-Authenticator=0x00|radclient 127.0.0.1 acct testing123
> Received response ID 21, code 5, length = 20
>
> replicate is loaded:
>
> Wed Sep 30 09:02:45 2020 : Debug: Loaded rlm_replicate, checking if
> it's valid

  Don't use "radiusd -Xxx".

> I have no otherway of testing this exept if I auth against the AP

  You can run the server in debugging mode to see the packets from the AP.  Then, copy the packets, and resend them using radclient.

  And PLEASE read http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  ALL of the documentation says to run the server in debugging mode, and post the output to the list.  The above page also links to another page which explains how to read the output of "radiusd -X".

  When you ignore the documentation, you're wasting your time and ours.  We wrote the documentation in order to help people.  If you want help, READ THE DOCS, and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.