FreeRadius with perl, Unknown attribute: Acct-Session-ID

Fatih Boy fatih at encbulut.com
Fri Apr 30 15:21:01 CEST 2021

Hello,

I’m trying to use FreeRadius server with perl module. I've install freeradius 3.0.13 on a clean CentOS 7 with perl module. Then enabled perl module by executing following command:
ln -s /etc/raddb/mods-available/perl /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/perl
Without making any further changes I've run freeradius from commandline using:
radiusd -X
Then I got the following error;
/etc/raddb/policy.d/accounting[42]: Failed parsing expanded string:
/etc/raddb/policy.d/accounting[42]: %{md5:%{1},%{Acct-Session-ID}}
/etc/raddb/policy.d/accounting[42]:              ^ Unknown attribute
Note that; After getting error, I've also add following entry to /etc/raddb/users file. Nothing changed...
DEFAULT         Auth-type := perl

I also add entries to file /etc/raddb/sites-available/default described at https://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_perl

Any ideas on what's wrong with my configuration? Am I missing some installation/configuration steps for perl module?

Best,
--fatih