Need help with FreeRADIUS stripping NT domain name from usernames

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 21:33:04 CEST 2021

hi,

> Thank you. I have declared our domain in proxy.conf, then uncommented ntdomain in default site and now it seems that stripping domain from username works.
> Regarding EAP error, I will dig into it deeper. But interestingly, when you manually enter just username, without domain, no such error appears and authentication is successful. EAP error only comes up when you enter DOMAIN\Username

i would look at both logs carefully to see what it going on relative
to the server and what client is talking to it..and how.    it might
be you have other things in play here - such as your wireless
controller proxying if there is a domain present...and terminating the
EAP session itself and just proxying the inner details if there is no
domain etc etc.

alan