Configurations for proxying radius requests to home-server using TCP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 17 15:58:16 CEST 2021

On Aug 17, 2021, at 9:52 AM, Abhilash Y G <ygabhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a requirement to proxy the request from one freeradius server to
> another radius server over a TCP.
> I made some config changes for proxy and virtual server listening to TCP
> requests over destination freeradius server, it seems it is causing issues
> when a new socket is created. Whenever a new socket is created it is
> sending all subsequent requests using the new socket and already sent
> requests just timed out. I see those timed-out requests were
> actually accepted by homeserver (freeradius running on it).
>
> Could you please suggest configuration changes in proxy.conf and virtual
> server configuration needed in homeserver.

  As I said on Github, you need to run the home server in debug mode.  No amount of poking configuration files will tell you why the home server isn't responding.

  But if you run the home server in debug mode, it will tell you why it's not responding.  Likely because of a configuration change you made on the home server.

  i.e. the default configuration will always respond to packets.  If the server doesn't do that, it's because you've edited the configuration files and broken it.  Don't do that.

> Attaching the config files used.

  We don't need to see the configuration files.  We need to see the debug output.

  Read the documentation on how to ask good questions: http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help