Multiple Vlan assigment in Free radius server with Cisco Nexus Switch.

deepak rawat deepakrawat.singh at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 23:39:26 CET 2021

Hi Alan,Yes it is possible to give two vlan in Cisco as a trunk vlan and our node which is connected to Cisco port is also has two vlan 1968 and 1969 and both of them are trunk and connected to Cisco port and over it dot1x is working.Our problem is whenever we are giving one vlan in free radius server like 1968 or 1969 then Cisco AUTH VLAN is set accordingly but if we try to give two vlan together in free radius user file the. The Cisco dot1x is change to AUTH Vlan as default vlan(1).
So is it poosible to give two vlan in free radius server with cisco switch and if yes the in which pattern we need to give in radius user file.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, December 10, 2021, 10:08 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

On Dec 10, 2021, at 2:51 PM, deepak rawat via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Our Cisco switch -3548X on version 9.3.2 is having a dot1x port based feature is enabled and connected to a free radius server for authentication. We are trying to give the multiple Vlan in the Free radius server user file so that Cisco can allow our two Vlan 1968 and Vlan1969.
>
> We are trying the below configuration in user file of freeradius server where we are giving the two Vlan but the cisco Auth vlan is coming as default.

  What does this Cisco documentation say?  i.e. is it possible for you to assign two VLANs to the same device?

  I'm not even sure that's possible.

  If the Cisco documentation doesn't say that this can be done with RADIUS, then it can't be done.  This isn't a limitation of FreeRADIUS.  This is a limitation of the Cisco device.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html