Freeradius not sending traffic-shaping attributes randomly (Works when in debug mode)

Antônio Modesto modesto at hubsoft.com.br
Wed Dec 15 21:31:56 CET 2021

Hello everyone,

I am facing a strange problem with one radius server (FreeBSD 12.2 +
FreeRADIUS 2.0.21). In a random way, Freeradius is not sending some
traffic-shaping attributes in the Access-Accept to the NAS (I confirmed
it with wireshark). What is puzzling me is that when I run radiusd in
debug mode (-X), the problem disappears.

I tried using raddebug but it uses a lot of CPU power, so it is not
viable to run it in production. What do you guys suggest?

--
Att, *Antônio Modesto*