Freeradius not sending traffic-shaping attributes randomly (Works when in debug mode)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 16 01:29:41 CET 2021

On Dec 15, 2021, at 4:21 PM, Antônio Modesto <modesto at hubsoft.com.br> wrote:
> I am sorry, I am using Freeradius 3.0.21, not 2.0.21.

  OK, that's good.

> But regarding the attributes, they are being read from the database (PostgreSQL). What you said about database issues does not make sense to me. If freeradius can't read something from the database, it should halt the request, not respond a Access-Accept with truncated attributes.

  It depends on how you configure the server.  It's perfectly possible to have it return Access-Accept if the DB is down.

  So... how did you configure the server?

> As I said before, the weird part is that running freeradius in debug-mode (single-threaded) the problem didn't happen.

  That doesn't mean anything.  If the issue happens randomly, then it would be rare for it to happen when you're running in debug mode for a short time.

> I will try to upgrade to the last build and see what happens.

  It would also help to try to understand what you've configured the server to do.

  Where are the attributes coming from?  What happens if the DB is down?