entering multiple AVP into database

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Sat Feb 6 01:24:59 CET 2021

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the reply!

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 4:14 PM Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2021, at 4:50 PM, Matt Zagrabelny via Freeradius-Users <
> freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
>
> > Alternatively, does anyone have any success stories of storing AVP data
> > when the NAS gives multiple entries of the same attribute back to FR?
>
>   Convert them to ??? format, and dump that into the DB.  Flat-text or
> jsonb is fine.

To get the ball rolling I decided for this option. As expected, the AVP is
going into the database.

Here is one of the lines from queries.conf:

NULLIF('%{Cisco-AVPair[*]}', '')

Looking at the database I see what looks to be quoted-printable [0] strings:

 mdm-tlv=3Ddevice-platform=3Dlinux-64=2Caudit-session-id=3Dc0a87311021f3000601dda71=2Cmdm-tlv=3Dac-user-agent=3DOpenConnect
VPN Agent =28NetworkManager=29 v8.10-1

The =3D is an encoded "=", the =2C is an encoded ",".

Is FR encoding the data in quoted-printable format?

If so, is there a way to decode it?

Thanks for any help or pointers.

-m

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable