unknown CA when trying to authenticate

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 22 23:30:11 CET 2021

On Feb 22, 2021, at 3:00 PM, Tyler Montney <montneytyler at gmail.com> wrote:

> "I'm wondering why you're only giving the minimum possible description for
> everything you do."
>
> I was not aware that I was.

  Did you give a *full* description of what you wanted to do, as requested in http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help ?

  Or was it "I did stuff and it didn't work".

  We're not mind readers.  RADIUS servers can talk to LDAP, Active Directory, Samba, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis, and the list goes on.  Unless you describe what you're doing, we don't know what you're doing.

> "Where are the users stored?"
>
> A Samba server (integrated LDAP) running as a domain controller.
>
> "What format is their passwords in?"
>
> Not sure.
>
> "What configuration changes did you make to the server"
>
> https://pastebin.com/7kDPmL3p

  I'm not going to read random diffs (or whatever that is).  You need to describe what you did using plain English.

  Right now, you're going "meh, I'm not going to describe things.  I'm just going to dump stuff on Alan, and ask him to figure it out".

  No, it doesn't work that way.

> "All of that is relevant.  Until you decide to start giving more
> information, this will be a slow and painful process for everyone"
>
> I apologize, I am not intentionally making this difficult. Each time I've
> provided what I thought was relevant. Anything omitted is because I don't
> know *what* is relevant, hence why I am here.

  ANYTHING you change is relevant.  It's really that simple.