Cache user access on eap-ttls with ldap as authenticate system

André netriver at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:17:50 CET 2021

Hello,

Sorry.
To be more explicit:
In sites-enabled/default in authorize I did the following:
  update control {
        Cache-Status-Only = 'yes'
    }
    cache
    if (notfound) {
        ldap
    }
if (User-Password) { # <- when using cache this it's here with True
            update control {
                   Auth-Type := ldap

    cache
}

However this makes the server still use the ldap connection in
authentication.
rlm_ldap (ldap): Connecting to ldap://jumia.ldap.idp.com:389
rlm_ldap (ldap): Could not start TLS: Can't contact LDAP server
rlm_ldap (ldap): Opening connection failed (11)
(23)       [ldap] = fail

Why I did it?
Following the example from the link below:
https://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_cache
I did try to use this code in authenticate but the server does not accept
it.
Also I have eap cache enabled , but that is not being hit as I do have
nothing extra to cache other that the user data.

Above you can still see it's trying to connect to the ldap server because
this still hits authentication.

Does this clarification help?

Best regards,