Cleartext-Password to Crypt-Password

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Thu Jan 28 15:18:30 CET 2021

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 7:51 AM Aurélio de Souza Ribeiro Neto <
netolistas at mpc.com.br> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>      I'm using FreeRadius 3.0.21 and MySQL.
>
>      I'm trying to convert Cleartext-Password to Crypt-Password, so I
> changed the radcheck attribute table to Crypt-Password and the password
> I did update after run radcrypt --des to that cleartext password, and
> I'm having authentication error.
>
>      What else I need to do?

It sounds like you need to generate the UNIX crypt hash and store that hash
in your data store.

Maybe check out this link:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/134827/how-to-create-an-encrypted-password

On Debian, the makepasswd tool is under the package with the same name.

-m