Error: Ignoring duplicate packet from client

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jul 8 00:00:58 CEST 2021

On Jul 7, 2021, at 4:21 PM, Nicolás Ciuffolotti via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> Hi
> Thank you in advance for your help
> I'm using freeradius-3.0.13-15

  You should really upgrade.  3.0.13 is many years out of date.

> with ldap like DB.

  LDAP "like"?  Or actual LDAP?  Which LDAP server are you using?

> I've 2 servers listening to 1812 and 1813, 3 BNG like NAS for AAA.
> The problem is that setting the AAA in this BNG, start this messages and
> the server doesn't respond:
>
> Wed Jul  7 15:57:17 2021 : WARNING: (363) WARNING: Module rlm_ldap became
> unblocked

  There is no reason for the LDAP server to not respond to FreeRADIUS.  If the LDAP server is down, then FreeRADIUS can't do anything.

  Fix your LDAP server so that it replies to FreeRADIUS.  Nothing else will fix the problem.

> Wed Jul  7 15:57:17 2021 : Error: 7 requests have been waiting in the
> processing queue for 36 seconds.  Check that all databases are running
> properly!
> Wed Jul  7 15:57:17 2021 : Error: (951) Ignoring duplicate packet from
> client SMMAIJR01 port 61631 - ID: 247 due to unfinished request in
> component <core> module <queue>

  That message is a side effect of the main problem: the LDAP server is down.

> I don't know the problem, but the cpu of the ldap process grows up 80-90%
> and the BNGs inform timeout or unrecheable.
> What could be the reason for this?

  The LDAP server is down.  Fix that.

  And upgrade to a version released in the past 4 years.