sqlippool and exhausted pool

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 19 17:13:54 CEST 2021

On Jul 19, 2021, at 10:56 AM, Mirko Alberio <mirko.alberio at telemar.it> wrote:

> Ok, thanks, I did some packet capture in the problematic NAS, accounting Stop packet are actually being sent, but still the table is not updated. I attach the capture. So the NAS is sending account data!

  Please read my messages.  The Stop packet isn't what is important.  The interim update messages are important.

  It really helps to pay attention, and to understand what's going on.  If you don't, then you'll be randomly changing irrelevant things, and nothing will get fixes.

> And another quick question: we noticed also some cases where username deleted from the radcheck and radreply tables (dismissed customers) are still present in the radippool table, with past expiry_time: should not be automatically "pruned"?

  No.  That's not how RADIUS works.

  There is nothing which monitors the SQL database for changes, and kicks off users.  Perhaps someone could write a script and submit it back to us...

> Those customers for example could disconnect the router cable and the NAS is not able to send the Stop packet.

  That's not how it works.

  If the session is stopped for ANY reason, then the NAS sends a stop packet.  If the NAS doesn't do that, then throw it in the garbage, and buy a NAS which follows the RADIUS specifications.