Multiple Calling of SQL Statements

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 27 13:05:44 CEST 2021

On Jul 27, 2021, at 6:42 AM, Selahattin CILEK <selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com> wrote:
> It is simple, isn't it? And it should work, right? It *does* work. The problem is that for each successful login, I see 4 entries in the database, which suggests that the sproc is called 4 times simultaneously or in quick succession. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening and is there a way I can fix this?

  Read the debug output to see what FreeRADIUS is doing, and why.  All of the documentation says to do this...

  If you do read the debug output, you'll likely see that PEAP is being used, and that there are multiple rounds of authentication.  This is how EAP works.

  Not only that, PEAP also uses EAP for the inner-tunnel authentication.  So... there are also multiple rounds there, too.

  The default configuration does authorization checks first, and then does logging only in the post-auth section.  This is because we don't want logging for every packet.  We only want it for the final accept / reject.