Disable accounting logging

Patrick Oberli patrick.oberli at ost.ch
Fri Jun 4 14:27:27 CEST 2021

Hello all

I'm currently trying to disable accounting logging on a Freeradius 3.0 installation, which I exclusively use as an eduroam radius proxy (https://wiki.geant.org/display/H2eduroam/freeradius-sp).
On my old 2.x installation I did not get any accounting logging, but I don't know why it is generated now in 3.0.
My configuration of the sites-enabled/eduroam is exactly as shown at that site. The accounting section looks like this:
        accounting {
        }

The accounting log is now filling my disk (it's also not compressed, unlike the radius.log file). I don't need the accounting logs as there should be no accounting at all.
The only other link in sites-enabled is the default file. I did uncomment the word "detail" in the accounting section there and restarted the service, but it continued to log accounting information.

Thanks
Patrick Oberli