Authentication with ldap support

Marco MIGLIETTA marco.miglietta at unisalento.it
Wed Mar 31 00:51:24 CEST 2021

Thank you Michael, I gave a look to ldap config file. I think that it could
be ok.
However I made a test that fails and in debug mode I had the following
result in the final part with error...

mschap: ERROR: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect

I have just known that passwords are stored in md5 format in the ldap's db
and problably this is the problem... but also its end (and mine) :-)

What do you think ?
Thanks.
Marco.

(41)       [ldap] = ok
(41)       [expiration] = noop
(41)       [logintime] = noop
(41) pap: WARNING: Auth-Type already set.  Not setting to PAP
(41)       [pap] = noop
(41)     } # authorize = updated
(41)   Found Auth-Type = eap
(41)   # Executing group from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel
(41)     authenticate {
(41) eap: Expiring EAP session with state 0xc9668664c96f9c89
(41) eap: Finished EAP session with state 0xc9668664c96f9c89
(41) eap: Previous EAP request found for state 0xc9668664c96f9c89, released
from the list
(41) eap: Peer sent packet with method EAP MSCHAPv2 (26)
(41) eap: Calling submodule eap_mschapv2 to process data
(41) eap_mschapv2: # Executing group from file
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel
(41) eap_mschapv2:   authenticate {
(41) mschap: Found Cleartext-Password, hashing to create NT-Password
(41) mschap: Found Cleartext-Password, hashing to create LM-Password
(41) mschap: Creating challenge hash with username:
marco.miglietta at unisalento.it
(41) mschap: Client is using MS-CHAPv2
(41) mschap: ERROR: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
(41)     [mschap] = reject
(41)   } # authenticate = reject