Authorization problem in wireless networks in windows 10 for eduroam

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 31 13:52:49 CEST 2021

On Mar 31, 2021, at 6:49 AM, Vahap Can Dulkadiroğlu <can.dulkadiroglu at samsun.edu.tr> wrote:

> For our university, we want to do Eduroam verification over FreeRadius
> (using version 3 and LDAP) using EAP-TTLS / PAP in Microsoft Windows 10
> operating systems, but the password cannot be verified (access-challenge)
> because FreeRadius does not receive clear text.

  Huh?  PAP is clear-text.  I think you mean something else.  i.e. the Windows 10 systems are NOT doing EAP-TTLS / PAP.

> The same protocols
> (EAP-TTLS / PAP) are performed successfully for the Android operating
> system and ubuntu operating systems. As Freeradius stated in the directory
> settings, we think that the answer to this challenge is because there is no
> windows certificate compatibility.
>
> How can we solve this problem ? We look forward to your help.
>
> I share the relevant photos with you

  I'm going to see if I can update the mailing list to ban photos.  Not just delete them, but reject all messages which contain photos.

  There is simply no reason to post a photo of text.  There is no reason to post pictures of the default configuration files to the list.  Do you think we don't know what the files say?

  The problem isn't PAP or "FreeRADIUS does not receive clear text".  The problem is that you set the Windows systems up wrong.

  There is documentation which says how to do this.  If you read the debug output, it will even point you to a Wiki page.