Active Directory authenticated VPN

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 7 13:45:47 CEST 2021

On May 7, 2021, at 7:34 AM, Pisch Tamás <pischta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the clatification of the membership_attribute parameter. Now I
> understand its role. I changed it to member in my configuration, but the
> result is still the same, "Search returned no results".

  Then the configuration for the FreeRADIUS LDAP module is different from what you're using with ldapsearch.

  3.0.18 and later have *detailed* instructions for how to use the LDAP module configuration in ldapsearch, and vice versa.  It is just a matter of careful analysis, and cut & paste.

  Get ldapsearch working.  Then use the instructions to copy that configuration to mods-available/ldap.  It is that simple.