FreeRadis 2FA - 2 Factor Authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun May 9 14:15:43 CEST 2021

On May 7, 2021, at 1:17 PM, Fernando Patzlaff <patzlaff at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to know if are there a free tool that do 2FA integration between
> google authenticator app or authy app and freeradius ?

  What exactly does this mean?  If you're trying to check the Google Authenticator codes against Google, then that's complex.  It depends on Google, and you'd need to read Googles documentation to see what they need.

  If you're trying to have FreeRADIUS do the checking itself, that's a bit easier.  Unfortunately there's no "built-in" way to check it, but there are tools available:

https://github.com/j256/perl-two-factor-auth/blob/master/totp.pl

  There's also pam_google_authenticator:

https://github.com/google/google-authenticator-libpam/blob/master/man/pam_google_authenticator.8.md