COA server times out

Mark Antony mark.antony.4 at protonmail.com
Thu May 13 23:16:37 CEST 2021

Thanks, I have located the dictionary that comes with Freeradius and switched to that one.

I got everything else working. I have one last question:

Do I also have to uncomment the following line in /etc/freeradius/3.0/clients.conf:

client localhost {
   #  A pointer to the "home_server_pool" OR a "home_server"
   #  section that contains the CoA configuration for this
   #  client.  For an example of a coa home server or pool,
   #  see raddb/sites-available/originate-coa
   coa_server = my-coa
}

Because even with this line commented out, my COA setup works as expected. What is the purpose of this pointer?

Mark

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.