How do I see if the user has disconnected?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat May 15 15:24:29 CEST 2021

On May 15, 2021, at 9:18 AM, Mark Antony via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Sorry, here is the complete output:

  I suggested that *you* read it.  The answer to your question is in it.

  If instead you just go "I dunno, I'll post it to the list so you guys will tell me what's up", then no... we won't read it.  If you can't be bothered to read it, then why should we?

  And this isn't rocket surgery.  If the value of Acct-Status-Type doesn't match "stop", then read the debug output to see what's in the packet.  It's what I said to do.  Why not do that?

> I believe this is triggered after Acct-Interim-Interval kicks in.

  Yes.

> Alternatively is there another way to capture session timeouts?

  FreeRADIUS gets packets from the NAS.  When the NAS decides to send them.  The contents of the packets are controlled by the NAS.

 So your question is really "when does the NAS send session timeouts, and what's in those packets?"

  The answer is "we don't know, and we don't know".

  There are thousands of NAS vendors, each of whom has thousands of products, each of which has dozens of firmware revisions.  You have to read the NAS documentation and the debug output to see what the NAS sends, and when.