[ext] Re: global clients ignored in virtual server since 3.0.22?

Enno Gröper enno.groeper at charite.de
Thu May 20 14:41:34 CEST 2021

Hi,

Am 20.05.21 um 12:57 schrieb Alan DeKok:
> On May 20, 2021, at 4:28 AM, Enno Gröper <enno.groeper at charite.de> wrote:
>> since the update from 3.0.19 to 3.0.22 we have problems with our clients configured using sql. They get ignored by the virtual servers.
>
>    Are you also adding clients to a particular virtual server?

No. I made sure there are only the clients coming from sql, which are
global (server is NULL).

>> Shouldn't global clients be used in every virtual server?
>
>    No.
>
>    If you have clients which are tied to a virtual server, then only those clients will be used for that virtual server.  It will NOT fall back to finding clients from the global list.

I understand and I think the docs stated that. But if no specific
clients for the virtual server(s) are set, the global clients get used?
Or do I have to set the server field to a specific virtual server?

Thanks for your help and clarification!

Kind regards,
Enno

--