How to define the Postgres schema name in mods-available sql ?

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Thu May 27 13:28:46 CEST 2021

On 27/05/2021 12:17, Alen via Freeradius-Users wrote:
> In our postgres db we have a master_db and two underlying schemas, main and radius.
>
> How do I define the schema in /etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-available/sql ?

The standard schema is in
raddb/mods-config/sql/main/postgresql/schema.sql. Import that into your
database manually.

> server = "xxx"
> port = 5432
> login = ""
> password = ""
> radius_db = "master_db"
>
> It seems I can only specify the database but not the underlying schema.

There's an INCLUDE line at the bottom of that file to load the queries
for the database you are using. The queries in
raddb/mods-config/sql/main/postgresql/queries.conf. They use the above
schema.

You can of course edit both if you want, and you know what you are
doing. I would start with the default and get that working to begin with.

--
Matthew