Checkrad and IPv6 NAS IP address

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 05:12:30 CET 2021

Hello there

I was checking the information provided about this issue on this thread
-
http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2021-September/100664.html
- and was wondering if anyone had a chance to look at this ? This issue
is hitting a scenario I have been involved and we have been eagerly
waiting for a fix so we can use our NAS with IPv6-only.

In some recent scenarios where more recent ISPs have only IPv6 addresses
provided by their RIRs it will become more common scenarios like this,
as well as other usages towards security as well.

Would anyone involved in that discussion be able to describe what would
take to fix that issue ?  Alan, I saw you applied some fixes already and
was progressing with it, but by the report of the person who reported
the issue it seems it didn't work yet.

Many thanks
Fernando