RadAcct Issue

Terry Burton terry.burton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 23:20:26 CET 2021

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 at 22:09, Richard J Palmer <richard at merula.net> wrote:
> This is actually a session that's ended - the SQL table before the
> query shows the  data for this session all correct and ended - In this
> case it's trying time and time again to update the session to finished
> - so radacct (for this session at least) won't be changing - I'm
> wondering if this is a result of the update effectively not affecting
> the data because it's updating the recored to exacly as it is already?

Yes, it is likely a "rows updated" vs "rows matched" issue. Some
engines/drivers differentiate the two, others do not.

You can test your hypothesis by writing CURRENT_TIMESTAMP (with some
reasonable degree of resolution) into an unused field causing the
record to be modified. If your issue goes away then you have
identified the culprit and can likely fix it by modifying the
schema/query in a way that feels less hackish.