error start freeradius -x

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 18 21:40:23 CET 2021

On Nov 18, 2021, at 3:34 PM, Flavio Bono <flavio at cbitsrl.it> wrote:

> thank you for your patience you are very kind to help me,
> the server was created today specifically for freeradius, the commands I
> launch them from the same server a ubuntu 20.04.
>
> Here are the copies from the console, I replaced the domain with foo and
> pluto the password and I did not touch the '

  That's nice.

  Did you try using the ldapsearch string I suggested?  Again:

ldapsearch -D ${identity} -w ${password} -h ${server}  -b 'CN=user,${base_dn}'

  Maybe you're using a version of FreeRADIUS which is many years old, and doesn't have the updated documentation I was talking about.  You can read here:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/raddb/mods-available/ldap

  Look for the text which begins:

	You can run the 'ldapsearch' command line tool

  and READ IT.  Then, do what it says.

> ldap {

  None of that configuration will help debug the issue.  You don't need to post it to the list.

> ping   srv-dc6.pippo.local
> Risposta da 192.168.17.19: byte=32 durata=30ms TTL=62
> Risposta da 192.168.17.19: byte=32 durata=30ms TTL=62
> Risposta da 192.168.17.19: byte=32 durata=29ms TTL=62

  That isn't relevant, either.

> ldapsearch -H ldap://srv-dc6.pippo.local -x -D
> 'cn=adminfr,cn=users,dc=pippo,dc=local' -w pluto -b "DC=pippo,DC=local" -a
> always "(objectClass=User)" cn

  That isn't the ldapsearch command I asked you to run.

  Or, follow the documentation from GitHub,  It's newer than the version you have.  It will work.