FreeRadius LDAP connection to Google Workspce

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 1 15:05:29 CEST 2021

> On Oct 1, 2021, at 9:02 AM, Benjamin Diehl <benjamin.diehl at foundationacademy.net> wrote:
>
> I am running into an issue with connecting to Google LDAP service (1), oddly enough if I change it from ldaps://ldap.google.com:636 to just ldap://ldap.xxxxxxxxxx it will “connect” but it will change the port to 389. (2) When its on the ldap version it will run but says it fails - ldap: ERROR: Failed performing search: Confidentiality required

  Google has docs here:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/9089736?hl=en#zippy=%2Cfreeradius

  Note that the recommendation to force "Auth-Type = LDAP" is wrong and stupid.  I've filed numerous requests to fix it, and they all get ignored.

  So follow their directions for configuring the LDAP module.  Ignore everything else.