FreeRadius LDAP connection to Google Workspce

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 1 17:23:21 CEST 2021

On Oct 1, 2021, at 10:22 AM, Benjamin Diehl <benjamin.diehl at foundationacademy.net> wrote:

> I think I found it in wireshark am I looking for something specific? I see the data go out and hits the server and comes back but nothing stands out as an error.

  What data is going out?  What is coming back?  It's all LDAP magic.  I can't really help with no information.

  And try using the command-line "ldapsearch" tool.  That may have better debugging for LDAP connections.  The mods-available/ldap file has detailed instructions on how to use the FreeRADIUS configuration items as part of the "ldapsearch" command-line options.

  If ldapsearch doesn't work, then there's no reason to do tests with FreeRADIUS.  Get ldapsearch working.  Then once that works, transfer the configuration to the mods-available/ldap file

  The problems with LDAP are typically things like incorrect account name/password, bad client certificate, missing CA cert, etc.  But if the only error message is "can't connect", then it's impossible to know what's the real cause of the error.