What is the purpose of the default accounting-on/off queries?

Antônio Modesto modesto at hubsoft.com.br
Sat Oct 9 16:16:32 CEST 2021

Hello everyone,

I have two questions:

1) What is the purpose of the default accounting-on and accounting-off
queries bundled with freeradius? I am asking this because one of my
customer's NAS is sending accounting-on packets for no reason, and
Freeradius is closing the sessions with the 'NAS-Reboot'
Acct-Terminate-Cause. I was thinking about disabling the accounting-on
query altogether, and leaving only the accounting-off. Are there any
side effects by doing this?

2) Does Freeradius use accounting-off packets to release IPs allocated
in the sqlippool?

Regards

--
Att, *Antônio Modesto*