Replacing SSL certificate?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 3 14:05:35 CEST 2021

On Sep 3, 2021, at 7:56 AM, Dave Walsh <dave_walsh at lsrhs.net> wrote:

> My SSL certificate is expiring and I need to install a replacement, but
> everytime I just try radiusconfig -installcerts

  What's that?  It's not part of FreeRADIUS.

> the debug log shows it's
> unable to instantiate module eap because of an error
>
> rlm_eap_tls: retrieving password from keychain for private key file
> /Users/admin/Desktop/August 2021 keys/lsrhs2021combo.pem
>
> rlm_eap_tls: Unable to convert certificate CFData into SecItems

  That's not an error produced by a stock version of FreeRADIUS.

> Am I just missing a step? Is there a how-to guide that I just haven't been
> able to find?

  Use a stock version of FreeRADIUS and we can help you.  If you're running a modified version, then there isn't much we can do.  Something in the modifications isn't working, and it isn't our code.

> radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 2.2.9, for host i386-apple-darwin13.0, built on
> Sep 15 2016 at 12:27:36

  Yeah, you should upgrade to v3.

  I do all of my development on OSX.  So v3 definitely works on it.