eap_tls: Failed to read from child output

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 16 13:28:53 CEST 2021

On Sep 15, 2021, at 1:36 AM, Burn Zero <burnzerog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Our laptops are using Certificate authentication (EAP-TLS) to connect to
> the wifi network. Sometimes, I get the following errors in FreeRADIUS
> servers:
>
> Fri Sep 10 10:59:58 2021 : Auth: (185911) Login incorrect (eap_tls: Failed
> to read from child output): [machinename] (from client WIFI-WLC port 49315
> cli

  You're running a script to check the status of the client certificate.  The script is taking too long, and is being cancelled /  stopped by the server.

  The solution is to make sure that the script does it's job quickly.

  If the script contacts an external server, then something there may be going wrong.  Update your script so that it logs error conditions.  That should help you debug it.