Problem when trying to store NAS-Port-ID into radpostauth table

Antônio Modesto modesto at hubsoft.com.br
Thu Sep 16 16:25:34 CEST 2021

Hi,

I added a column to the radpostauth table to store the NAS-Port-ID, but
I am noticing a strange behaviour for a specific type of NAS. Using
tcpdump, I can see that the NAS-Port-Id attributes arrives in the
following format:

     NAS-Port-Id Attribute (87), length: 38, Value:
slot=0;subslot=2;port=1;vlanid=1110;

But when I check what is being stored in the radpostauth table and in
the radacct table, I get something like this:

slot=3D3D0=3D3Bsubslot=3D3D2=3D3Bport=3D3D0=3D3Bvlanid=3D3D1001=3D3B

I am using the following expression in my queries.conf to get the value
of this attribute from the request:

    NULLIF('%{%{NAS-Port-ID}:-%{NAS-Port}}', '')

It seems like unlang is encoding the value somehow. Do you guys have any
suggestion?