Version 3.2.0 has been released

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Fri Apr 22 20:17:08 UTC 2022

On 22/04/2022 18:45, Marek Zarychta wrote:
> W dniu 22.04.2022 o 15:06, Alan DeKok pisze:
>>    I'll also note that the LDAP module no longer closes active
>> connections when chasing referrals.  This can improve performance.

Good catch. This is an especially good reason for anyone using Active
Directory LDAP lookups which give referrals to upgrade to 3.2.0.

>>    Other than new features added to 3.2, it will always be possible to
>> upgrade from 3.0 to 3.2, and use the same configuration.

I also missed that the "cram" module (experimental for 20 years,
insecure) and "otp" module (other required software no longer available)
have been removed from 3.2. But due to those same reasons this shouldn't
affect anyone.

> Thank you very much for your work on this release and for maintaining
> decent FreeBSD support from release to release. To test it further I
> have deployed 3.2.0 on a few servers preserving the old configuration
> files and so far so good.

Great to know, thanks!

--
Matthew