Building Freeradius 3.2.0

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 28 16:29:00 UTC 2022

On Apr 28, 2022, at 12:03 PM, Jonathan Davis <jonathan at prioritycolo.com> wrote:

> That looks to be an version older than OpenSSL 1.1.0 that Alan wrote 3.2.0 was tested against.

  As Matthew said, that's fine.  We build on CentOS 7 every day in CI.

  But the build errors show that some OpenSSL headers are missing and/or wrong.  They're the same build errors I saw when trying to build with OpenSSL3, when the server was using the OpenSSL 1 API.

  i.e. the OS has OpenSSL3 installed, but the configure script thinks that OpenSSL1 is installed.  And the build breaks.

  He should start from a clean install.  It *will* work.  This works every day in CI.