Customise reply-message

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 24 15:17:13 UTC 2022

On Aug 24, 2022, at 3:45 AM, Can Paçacı <pacaci at servisnet.com.tr> wrote:
> How can we send the reply-message to NAS according to which attribute in the radcheck table failed during the user authentication phase? Now, it returns the reply-message, Wrong-password and wrong-user only. If the NAS-identifier attribute in the radcheck table failed, we want it to send a separate reply-message. Is it possible?

  I'm not sure what that means.

  The documentation on the SQL module explains how it works.  See https://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_sql

  There is no way to "do something else if the rad check condition doesn't match".

  What you can do is to add a condition which matches what you want, and then adds a reply.  eg.

	NAS-identiifier != Foo
        Reply-Message = "bar"