Frerradius with M$ SQL-Problem with query.conf

Niko Reinhard reiniko at web.de
Wed Aug 24 19:05:19 UTC 2022

We did as Alan proposed and installed 3.0.20 with the same result.
Than we want to install 3.0.17 (which is the working version on CentOS
7), bute there were no packages at Freradius, therefore we tried to
build the packes from source. But this was impossible due to some
dependencies for python which we cant resolve.
So we used a package from CentOS' own repository directly, but all these
packages have an error - the packet "freeradius-config" (which will be
silently installed by package "freeradius" from networkradius) is
missed. As a workaround we copied the missing files from our working
Cent OS 7 installation and - it does also not work. So we give up.
Then we remembered the proposal from Nick Porter, we installed as he
recommended FR 3.2.0 with the packet freeradius-freetds and - it worked
at first go. Thanks Nick!
So it seems to me the problem lays on the unixodbc driver for release
CentOS/RH 8. Could that be possible?
One remark for someone who wants to install it as we did:
freeradius-freetds needs to bind the EPEL-repository because it installs
2 packets from Freetds.
Alan, we are able to test older versions with unixodbs on release 8 if
this helps, but this is only possible if you please provide us the rpm
packets from Freeradius. Install from scratch seems to be beyond our
skills..

Best regards
Niko Reinhard