RADIUS failing to start correctly when remote DB is unavailable.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Dec 19 13:44:46 UTC 2022

On Dec 19, 2022, at 6:48 AM, Sea Gull <seagull0044 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks again for your time. I understand your comments, and you are right.
> However, in my setup the RADIUS Authentication server, and the RADIUS
> Accounting server are two different physical servers, and as you might well
> know network disruptions can happen. Also, it is impossible for us to have
> users unable to authenticate, because the accounting server is down as this
> will stop thousands of users from working.
>
> Is there a way we can have RADIUS Authentication working when the
> accounting servers are down or unreachable, please?

  So... the servers are physically different, but if one stops working, the other one stops working, too?

  Either the servers are magic, or you're not describing what's actually going on.

  If you can't describe what the current system is doing or how it works, then you can't configure it to do what you want.