oauth2 or oidc module for FreeRADIUS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Dec 20 14:58:58 UTC 2022

On Dec 20, 2022, at 9:54 AM, Việt Đức Trần <humandance1991 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using FreeRADIUS version 3.2.1 installed on Ubuntu server 22.04 and I
> need to make a connection from my FreeRADIUS server to an external
> authentication server by using OAuth2 or OpenID Connect protocol.
> But I cannot find any available FreeRADIUS modules for OAuth2 or OpenID
> Connect.
> If these modules currently don't exist or do not support FreeRADIUS 3.2.1,
> how can I make the connection from my FreeRADIUS server to external
> authentication server via OAuth2/OIDC protocol?

  These are just REST APIs.  The server comes with a rest module.  Which mostly could work with OAuth2, but there are limitations.

  For a complex protocol like OAuth2, I'd recommend using the rlm_perl module.  Just configure that in FreeRADIUS, and then use a Perl module such as this:

https://metacpan.org/pod/LWP::Authen::OAuth2

  ALan DeKok.