ippool: not found -> not sending reply

Volodymyr Litovka doka at funlab.cc
Tue Dec 27 15:53:46 UTC 2022

Hi,

I have in 'users' two kinds of users - one with static IP assignments
(Framed-IP-Address) and one with ippool. The issues comes with those
'static' users - when accounting stop happens, ippool behaves in the
following way:

(16) main_pool: EXPAND %{NAS-IP-Address} %{NAS-Port}
(16) main_pool:    --> xxx.xxx.xx.xx 892625506
(16) main_pool: MD5 on 'key' directive maps to:
bc959cb51c2c3d41c93f922f572ee1d9
(16) main_pool: Searching for an entry for key: 'xxx.xxx.xx.xx 892625506'
(16) main_pool: Entry not found
(16)     [main_pool] = notfound
(16)   } # accounting = notfound
*(16) Not sending reply to client.*

it _looks_ as it has no consequences except timeouts and resends on NAS
side, but I don't like error-like behaviour. So I was able to fix this
with the following statement in 'accounting' section (which is
responsible for freeing the lease):

         redundant {
                 main_pool
                 ok
         }

so regardless of main_pool's error, always return ok.

But I have a question - while this is not leasing, but freeing of the
lease, whether such rough override can impact something else? Whether
it's make sense to add more granular control like "if main_pool returns
notfound then it's ok" ? And, sorry for this - how it can be written
using unlang?

Thank you.

--
Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison