Help in Configuring EAP-SIM

Shane Guan shaneguan at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 3 22:28:01 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am writing to inquire about the best way to configure freeradius for eap-sim.

  *   I am using version 3.0.25
  *   I have a test sim peer and know the Ki, OP, and IMSI for it.

How would I configure freeradius to use the Ki and OP when it receives a message from the test peer requesting to authenticate with EAP-SIM?

I tried putting the Ki and OP in the users file but that didn't work. According to doc/modules/rlm_eap it says I need to write a separate module to generate GSM triplets given the Ki. However, in src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_sim/rlm_eap_sim.c:eap_sim_get_challenge it looks like there is already a module to generate GSM triplets given the Ki. How could I configure freeradius to call it?

Thanks,
Shane