LineLog

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Fri Feb 18 07:58:55 UTC 2022

On 18.02.22 08:49, Angelo Corsaro wrote:
> Hi,
> only add a line in the log file like that:
>
> Wed Feb 16 12:09:01 2022 : Info: Allocated IP: 10.61.116.232 from
> <pool_name>   (did <APN_name> cli XXXXXXX port  user XXXXXXX)
>
> during the post-auth phase.
>
> Cheers,
> Angelo
>

> Il 18/02/22 08:42, Michael Schwartzkopff ha scritto:
>> On 18.02.22 08:40, Angelo Corsaro wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I need to log more detail in the log file of radius during the auth
>>> process, but I cannot find any clear direction how to use the module
>>> linelog: can someone give me the direction?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Angelo
>>> -
>>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
>>> http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
>>

>> Hi,
>>

>> linielog is, as all modules, very good documented in its config file.
>> What do you want to achieve?
>>

>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Add the linelog module to the post-auth section of your server.

Configure the output line of the module with attributes you want to be
logged. Pleaes note that %{attribute} by default is the attribute of the
request. If you want an attribute of an other list, you need to specify
it like %{list:attribute}.

"This is a line with %{User-Name} and %{reply:Reply-Message}" will log
the User-Name from the request and the Reply-Message from the reply. You
have to figure out, in what lists your attributes live.

Also see: https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/List-Usage

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

--

[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München