attr.filter.reject should not remove FreeRADIUS-Response-Delay Attributes

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Fri Jan 7 15:35:33 CET 2022

On 07/01/2022 11:49, Daniel Finger wrote:
> I experimented a bit with the FreeRADIUS-Response-Delay attributes, but
> it did not work at first.
> If I add those back to the attr_filter/access_reject configuration,
> everythings works as I expected it.
>
> Is it possible to change the default
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/raddb/mods-config/attr_filter/access_reject
>
> configuration or is there a deeper meaning behind the removal?

Every few months it felt there was a "I've got problems with FreeRADIUS,
and my config is giving me a warning every time it starts, is that the
issue?" type question.

Given it's been three years and this is the first question I recall
where the actual functionality was affected, it feels like not having
those entries was the right decision.

Maybe they should go back but commented out, with a note about when they
are needed.

--
Matthew