ERROR: rlm_eap (EAP): No EAP session matching state

deepak rawat deepakrawat.singh at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 17:08:08 UTC 2022

Thanks Alan.
I check the system logs of a  user which need authentication and for security purpose i can not share them here but we can see the EAPOL message exchange between the Radius server and User is with 1s When you're using EAP, the user SHOULD NOT be prompted for anything.  Their name / password should be cached, and used without prompting the user. -- I am not sure what does this mean and how could i stop this, Any suggestion.

Thanks for your time and patience
Regards,Deepak Rawat

    On Friday, January 28, 2022, 05:02:41 PM GMT+1, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

 On Jan 28, 2022, at 10:29 AM, deepak rawat via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Out user which need a authentication is meant to be send the reply within 1s and which it is doing

  Well, the debug output shows that the user is taking more than 30 seconds to do this.

> but some times this rejection we are seeing in the free radius.I am asking about the work around in radius server which can help.

  When you're using EAP, the user SHOULD NOT be prompted for anything.  Their name / password should be cached, and used without prompting the user.

  If you prompt the user for something during EAP, you WILL get this error.  There is nothing you can do to FreeRADIUS to fix it.  The problem isn't in FreeRADIUS.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html