No Connection Windows 8 and 10 in wpa2-enterprise

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 1 14:07:46 UTC 2022

On Jul 1, 2022, at 9:55 AM, Thiago Martins via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> I have a freeradius with Google LDAP and it works fine on Windows 11
> and Chromebooks, but clients in Windows 10 and Windows 8 can't login
> to the network. It just says "You can't connect to this network". I
> tried a lot of different stuff on the Windows side but it didn't work
> at all.

  The issue of "Windows starts EAP and goes away" is almost always a TLS issue.

* the CA used by FreeRADIUS isn't configured on the Windows side

* the contents of the certs presented by FreeRADIUS aren't liked by Windows
  * i.e. it doesn't like the digests, auth methods, etc.

> I adjusted my tls_min_version to 1.0 and tls_max_version to 1.2 and
> commented disable_tlsv1_1 and disable_tlsv1 on my eap config file on
> my server, but with no effect. Did you have a similar problem before?

  Many, many, times.

  It's an issue negotiating TLS, and Windows "helpfully" doesn't give you any useful information.