EAP-TTLS not working on windows 11 for a wired usage

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 25 19:21:33 UTC 2022

On Jul 25, 2022, at 12:50 PM, florentvercourt at gmail.com wrote:
> I’m trying to implement, a FreeRADIUS server for a wired usage using
> EAP-TTLS/PAP protocol, I’m authorizing my users based on their credentials
> saved in the users file.

  That should be fine, subject to some issues.

> But when I try to authenticate with EAP-TTLS/PAP, it fails when I click on «
> connect », I don’t have any following response to my Access-Challenge
> packets.
>

> I know there is an article on wiki.freeradius about certificate
> compatibility, but I’ve not been able to solve the problem even with it.
>
> FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.20

  Use 3.2.0.  There's been a number of fixes, including for TLS 1.3.  And Windows 11 tries hard to use TLS 1.3.

  That is, we're not going to debug issues *again* when they've already been found and fixed.  If the issue is still there with 3.2.0, then we can spend some time tracking it down.  But we haven't seen issues yet in our tests.