Configuring static MAC bypass list in RADIUS server on 802.1x leveraged Wireless LAN -Reg.

Maneesh Kumar maneeshk at cdac.in
Wed Jul 27 06:42:01 UTC 2022

Hello members,

We are using Freeradius server with version "3.0.26" for enabling 802.1x
leveraged Wireless LAN. However, as few WiFi clients are not supporting the
required PEAP -cum- MS-CHAPv2 as the security mechanism, it is required to
whitelist them so that such WiFi client can be onboarded on the Wireless LAN.

We are trying to find out if such required static MAC bypass list(sometimes
called the exclusion list) can be made available to the radius server so that
such WiFi clients can be allowed to access the Wireless LAN without 802.1x or
MAC RADIUS authentication requests to the RADIUS server.

Maneesh Kumar

Center for Development of Advanced Computing

For assimilation and dissemination of knowledge, visit cakes.cdac.in

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]