Enabling EAP-TTLS-PAP for wired usage

Florent Vercourt florentvercourt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:53:15 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

I’m currently setting up a freeradius, and i would need some information on how to setup EAP-TTLS-PAP for a wired usage. Users will be identified via an LDAP database on the accounting will by via MySQL.

I already understood how works EAP-TTLS and how to set it as the default_eap_type, but it is mainly for the PAP part, do i have to configure it myself in /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/eap in the ttls section, if so, what do i have to activate ? , or is it default-activated without having to configure it, otherwise where do i have to configure it ?

Also, do i necessarily need to have 2 servers enabled in the module /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/, or can i have just one configured ?

Could i communicate in PAP with my MySQL database, or do i have to authorize another protcol of communication ?

Thank you all for your help,

Florent VERCOURT