EAP-PEAP - difference between 3.0.25 and 3.2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 28 20:17:17 UTC 2022

On Jun 28, 2022, at 2:13 PM, Kamil Jońca <kjonca at op.pl> wrote:
> Although I only changed freeradius binaries, I have installed multiple
> different versions of openssl and:

  Don't do that.

  It's impossible to debug an issue if you change multiple things at the same time.  Is the issue OpenSSL?  FreeRADIUS?  Or a configuration change in FreeRADIUS?

  We don't know.  And because it could be any one of those things, you'll have to track down exactly which change is the one that broke it.

> So probably ssl3 hadles this differently (And probably I have no chance
> to debug it due to lack of knowledge :( )

  You can install *one* OpenSSL package, and try that.  You can ensure that FreeRADIUS 3.0.25 and 3.2.0 have the *same* configuration files.

  When you make random changes, it's impossible to figure out what went wrong.  The only way to fix is is a methodical approach.  Change one thing at a time, test it, and repeat.

  This *is* debugging.  You don't need to poke around in the internals of FreeRADIUS or OpenSSL.  All you need to do is to identify which one of the 3-4 things you changed was the source of the problem.